Exceptional customer support
Free and Easy Returns +7 Days Change of Mind Policy
Samsung Galaxy S8 (64GB) [Grade A]
Choose your phone grade: Tell me more about grading
A Grade - Best value for money. Minor scratches or scuffs not visible at arms length. Thoroughly cleaned and tested to meet OEM guidelines. These devices are rated 9/10 and never disappoint.
*Batteries fully tested for reliability
What's inside the box:
- 5W USB Power Adapter
- USB Charging Cable
Samsung Galaxy S8 (64GB) [Grade A]
As a smartphone industry leader, it was only going to be some time before the need to push the envelope forward. From as far back as 2014, it became largely obvious that Samsung was trying out a different design; curved edges.
Boy, the curved edges get the world buzzing. The Samsung Note Edge was where it all began, but then the design was ported to the Galaxy S series, with the Galaxy S6 and Galaxy S7 having Edge editions. With the Galaxy S8, the curved edges became a standard feature on all versions of the phone.
Despite the design language, is the Samsung Galaxy S8 64gb actually worth it?
Checking out the Samsung Galaxy S8 64Gb
The Samsung Galaxy S8 64Gb comes with a wealth of colour options. They range from midnight black, Burgundy Red, Orchid Gray, Arctic Silver, Maple Gold and Coral Blue according to marketing communications. The midnight black looks like something Bat Man would love. He definitely can afford the price of the phones.
The device is held between a glass front and glass rear that are held together by an aluminium frame.
Well, definitely. TouchWiz had become the bane of existence for Samsung Galaxy devices. The S8 launched with the newer One UI which for a refreshing view, and much better for the overall experience of the device.
The often fragment Android and the new One UI are powered by two different chipsets, depending on where you shop for the mobile phone. Those sold in Europe, Middle East or Africa will have the Exynos 8895 chipset, accompanied by a Mali-G71 MP20 GPU to handle all the graphics requirements.
Those sold in Europe or China, you would get the phone with Qualcomm Snapdragon 895 accompanied with the Adreno 540 GPU. Whichever model you bought, the performance was similar as all have 4gb of Memory.
The curved screen, or as marketing communications calls it, infinity display of the Galaxy S8 is a 1440p Super AMOLED with HDR10. When you consider the display size of 5.8 inches, this makes it great for excellent colour representation and viewership experience. It is covered in Corning Gorilla Glass that perfectly complement the IP68 dust and water resistance rating of the phone.
A nano sim card is required to operate this mobile phone and they are sold separately. You can rely on Bixby as your assistant if you are not a fan of Google Assistant and Samsung Pay for your financial needs.
Whichever sim you choose, the Samsung S8 is capable of connecting to any network.
Admittedly, the biggest reason to not buy a phone will not be the battery, or the screen, but the cameras. This has been evident before with people opting for the HTC Desire Eye instead of the HTC One M8. Luckily, Samsung has never had to endure that but did instead take one of HTCs innovations and made it better.
That is evident when you look at the shooter at the back. Instead of going crazy with a large pixel count, you will find a 12 MP shooter at the back instead. The trick here, as HTC discovered, was to make the actual pixels larger. This meant that the cameras could do better in low light.
Samsung then went ahead to make this camera capable of recording 4K video at 30 fps. If you are going to be doing that, then the 64 Gb of internal storage may not be enough as 4K video is large.
At the front, you have an 8 MP shooter that is a wide-angle camera capable of shooting 2K video at 30fps.
How To Buy
Ordering your new phone is as simple as clicking create your account. You will need to enter your email to create an account. As a customer, you will be eligible to get a warranty and a free shipping service for the device you buy. You will also get support from our staff whenever you need it as you shop.
When you want to find a phone, you can simply use the search feature to get the brands that you want. If the popular pages are excluding the models you are looking for, you can use the search filter on the sidebar to conduct a targeted search.
You can get special offers and deals such as reduced prices on various phones that you wouldn't find at Kogan Australia or any other related department store or service. What you will save deserves reviews of their own. If you would like to know any features or offers we will work on in future, subscribe by entering your email address for alerts, all for free.
|2G bands||GSM 850 / 900 / 1800 / 1900|
|3G bands||HSDPA 850 / 900 / 1700(AWS) / 1900 / 2100|
|4G bands||LTE band 1(2100), 2(1900), 3(1800), 4(1700/2100), 5(850), 7(2600), 8(900), 12(700), 13(700), 17(700), 18(800), 19(800), 20(800), 25(1900), 26(850), 28(700), 32(1500), 66(1700/2100), 38(2600), 39(1900), 40(2300), 41(2500)|
|Speed||HSPA 42.2/5.76 Mbps, LTE-A (4CA) Cat16 1024/150 Mbps|
|Bluetooth||5.0, A2DP, LE, aptX|
|GPS||Yes, with A-GPS, GLONASS, BDS, GALILEO|
|USB||3.1, Type-C 1.0 reversible connector|
|Dimension & Weight||148.9 x 68.1 x 8 mm, 155 g|
|Build||Front/back glass (Gorilla Glass 5), aluminum frame|
|Protection||- Samsung Pay (Visa, MasterCard certified)
- IP68 dust/water proof (up to 1.5m for 30 mins)
|Resolution||1440 x 2960 pixels, 18.5:9 ratio (~570 ppi density)|
|Size||5.8 inches, 84.8 cm2 (~83.6% screen-to-body ratio)|
|Type||Super AMOLED capacitive touchscreen, 16M colors|
|Protection||Corning Gorilla Glass 5
- 3D Touch (home button only)
- Always-on display
|Capacity||64 GB, 4 GB RAM|
|Card Slot||microSD, up to 256 GB|
|Camera Type||12 MP, f/1.7, 26mm (wide), 1/2.55", 1.4µm, OIS, dual pixel PDAF|
|Features||LED flash, auto-HDR, panorama|
|Video||2160p@30fps, 1080p@60fps, 720p@240fps, HDR, dual-video rec.|
|Camera Type||8 MP, f/1.7, 25mm (wide), 1/3.6", 1.22µm, AF|
|Features||Dual video call, Auto-HDR|
|Chipset||Exynos 8895 Octa|
|CPU||Octa-core (4x2.3 GHz & 4x1.7 GHz)|
|3.5mm Audio Jack||Yes
- 32-bit/384kHz audio
- Active noise cancellation with dedicated mic
|Operating System||Android 7.0 (Nougat), upgradable to Android 8.0 (Oreo)|
|Features||Iris scanner, fingerprint (rear-mounted), accelerometer, gyro, proximity, compass, barometer, heart rate, SpO2
- Samsung DeX (desktop experience support)
- Fast battery charging (Quick Charge 2.0)
- Qi/PMA wireless charging (market dependent)
- Bixby natural language commands and dictation
|Color||Midnight Black, Orchid Gray, Arctic Silver|
|Type||Samsung Galaxy S8|
|Battery Type||Non-removable Li-Ion 3000 mAh battery (11.55 Wh)|
Once your order has been processed, we'll verify your payment details. This can take up to 24 hours.
|Service||Delivery Schedule||Cost per Shipment|
|Australia Post||1-3 days after dispatch
Monday - Friday
|$6.90 Express , $0 Standard|
|Toll priority||1-2 days after dispatch
Monday - Friday
|Express for metro areas
$6.90 Express,$0 Standard
General handling time for most orders is 1-2 working days. Once the item is dispatched, it should arrive within 2-3 working days as per Australia Post and Toll priority schedule.
All orders placed on the weekend including Friday will be dispatched on Monday
For those who live outside metro areas or regional centres, delivery may extend to 7 working days.
We'll email you tracking details for your order once it's been dispatched so you can stay up to date with your delivery.
- If a device develops a fault within the warranty period the customer is required to inform us and book a return via our website www.phonebot.com.au or by calling us at +613 94626936.
- Battery performance is guaranteed by OEM standards for models up to two years old. We offer 30 day replacement warranty for models older than two years. For example iPhone 7 released in September 2016 will have a battery warranty period for up to 30 days from the date of purchase Whereas iPhone X released in November 2018 will have a battery warranty period as per the product listing (usually 6 months for Grade A products and 12 months for "Like New products).
- Items damaged internally or externally by the customer are not covered under warranty. Including water damaged or screen shattered devices.
- A device is replaced or refunded as per the customer's choice only if it turns out to be AMTA blocked.
- An item is only replaced with another similar device subject to availability (if the device is not available within 15 days we will proceed to refund).
- If a device is deemed irreparable by our technicians we will proceed with a replacement only.
- At this stage we do not offer any courtesy phones for devices sent under warranty.
- We do not guarantee data protection for devices being repaired you are highly advised to back up your device on a regular basis especially before sending it to us. Phonebot does not take responsibility for any data loss. Moreover, Phonebot does not create a backup of your data in our systems.
- All refunds are processed within 1-3 working days after receiving and verifying the product.
- All replacements are processed within 1-3 working days after receiving and verifying the product subject product availability. In case a suitable replacement isn't available we will contact you with the best options.
- In case of replacement with a different product please call +61394626938 and one of our staff will assist you.
- Please make sure that you make a backup of your data before sending the phones to us.
- All iOS device batteries that are under 79% capacity are replaced.
- Phonebot sources its devices from local and international channels Some iOS devices might have a camera shutter sound immutable. In such cases, Phonebot will honor a replacement with a muteable shutter sound device applicable within 30 days from the date of purchase.
- A place device is issued for a faulty irreparable device after the 30 day period. If a customer wants a refund we can only offer a buy back price for the product at current market value.
- If the product is deemed faulty within 30 days of purchase, customer is entitled for a full refund. In case of fault after the 30 day period, customer is entitled to a product replacement or repair. Refunds after the 30 day period will be issued on Phonebots discretion if repair or replacement isn't possible.
Need help deciding?
Got a question? Need some help? For a quick and convenient way to get in touch, chat to us using your favorite messaging app!