Buy Samsung Z Flip 3
Remember when we saw renders of folding phones and thought of it as an unattainable feat? Today, Samsung phones break all barriers with Samsung Z Flip 3 as a stunning reality.
Today, you'll discover the key specs of the refurbished Samsung Z Flip 3 and how it compares against other Samsung flagship phones.
Samsung Z Flip 3 Release Date
Samsung revealed the Samsung Z Flip 3 at the Samsung Unpacked event on August 11, 2021. The announcement unveiled the specs of the two foldable phones, the Galaxy Z Flip 3 and Z Fold 4.
Following the announcement, the 3rd generation of the Samsung Z Flip became available for pre-order and finally shipped to the markets on August 27, 2021.
Let’s talk about its specs and features.
Refurbished Samsung Z Flip 3 Specs & Features
- Galaxy Z Flip 3 Storage: 128GB and 256GB
- Galaxy Z Flip 3 Camera:
- main camera - 12 MP, f/1.8 (wide), 12 MP, f/2.2 (ultrawide)
- selfie camera - 10 MP, f/2.4 (wide)
- Samsung Z Flip 3 Chipset:
- Qualcomm Snapdragon 888
- CPU - Octa-core (1x2.84 GHz, 3x2.40 GHz and 4x1.80 GHz)
- GPU - Adreno 660
- Samsung Z Flip 3 Dimensions:
- (Unfolded) Height 166 mm, Width 72.2 mm, Depth 6.9 mm
- (Folded) Height 86.4 mm, Width 72.2 mm, Depth 15.9–17.1 mm
- Samsung Z Flip 3 Screen & Display:
- 6.7" Foldable Dynamic AMOLED 2X main Display, 1080 x 2640 pixels
- 1.9" Super AMOLED external display, 260 x 512 pixels
- Galaxy Z Flip 3 Refresh Rate: 120Hz
- Samsung Z Flip 3 External Storage: No card slot.
- Samsung Galaxy Z Flip 3 Ram: 8GB RAM
- Samsung Galaxy Z Flip 3 Battery Life: 3300 mAh, ~ 10 hours of web browsing, ~ 7 hours of Video Streaming
- Samsung Galaxy Z Flip 3 Charging:
- Galaxy Z Flip 3 Colors:
- Phantom Black, Green, Lavender, Cream
- Galaxy Z Flip 3 Durability & IP Rating:
- IPX8 water resistant
- Armor aluminum frame having tougher Drop and Scratch resistance
- Size Of Samsung Galaxy Z Flip 3: 6.7" (Full Rectangle)
Samsung Galaxy Z Flip 3 Price Australia
The refurbished Samsung Z Flip 3 prices vary for different storage variants. And at PhoneBot, we also consider the condition of the refurbished phone to determine prices.
If you prefer a modest storage option, the 128GB version in Grade B condition is priced at just A$579. However, if you go for the Grade A unit with less visible signs of use, the same storage model starts at A$629.
For those seeking ample space to stash their files and photos, the 256GB version starts at A$699.
Difference Between Samsung Z Flip 3 And 4
As you read, the refurbished Z Flip 4 is on its way to completing its first anniversary. It brings a set of improvements over its predecessor, the refurbished Samsung Z Flip 3. But are those improvements worth ditching the cheap Z Flip 3 and spending a couple of hundred extra bucks on the Z Flip 4?
Let's compare the two phones and see for ourselves.
When it comes to design and Display, you'll hardly notice a difference. Both phones share the same main display and cover display size, and the dimension difference is so small that it's not worthy of mention. But yes, the Samsung Z Flip 3 does feel lighter than its successor.
The real differences show up once you peek into the internals. The most noticeable difference is the processor configuration. The Z Flip 4 comes with the latest Snapdragon 8+ Gen 1, which has a significant performance upgrade over the Snapdragon 888 installed in Z Flip 3.
The next big difference is that the Samsung Z Flip 3 isn't available in the 512GB storage option. The Galaxy Z Flip 4 also lasts longer, thanks to the bigger battery of 3700 mAh.
Being Galaxy devices, the two phones also come with Galaxy Store pre-installed.
While you read this, also remember to check out what perks Flip phones offer and why you should buy them. Here's our guide on Flip phones.
Samsung Galaxy S22 Vs. Samsung Z Flip 3
The Galaxy S22 and Z Flip 3 compete fiercely, excelling in different areas.
The S22 boasts a superior camera system with a 50MP primary sensor and telephoto lens, surpassing the Z Flip 3's 12MP camera.
However, the Z Flip 3 shines with its impressive 6.7" display featuring a sharp resolution of 1080 x 2640 pixels.
In terms of performance, the S22 prevails with the powerful Qualcomm Snapdragon 8 Gen1, outperforming the Flip's Snapdragon 888. Additionally, the S22 secures the lead in battery capacity, offering 3700 mAh compared to the Flip's 3300 mAh.
Samsung has also rolled out the Galaxy S23, which deals an even more brutal blow to both these phones.
Got questions? We've got answers! Check out our FAQ section for all Galaxy Z Flip 3 queries.
Is Samsung Galaxy Z Flip 3 waterproof?
The Samsung Galaxy Z Flip 3 has an official water resistance rating of IPX8. This means it is not fully waterproof but can withstand submerging in up to 1.5 meters of freshwater for up to 30 minutes.
Does Samsung Z Flip 3 support eSIM?
The Samsung Z Flip 3 has eSim support and a physical sim slot. So you can operate dual SIMs on it.