Apple iPhone XS and XS Max - Best 2020 Smartphone
Apple iPhone XS and XS Max released in 2018 were the successors of iPhone X. It looks almost exactly the same as the X but the internals including the processor and camera was improved. The XS Max is the bigger version of the same phone, sporting a larger battery and even larger price tag
Both these devices have been cited by some as two of the best handsets ever released by Apple. Of course, technology evolves at breakneck speed, and what people look for in a smartphone can be subjective. However, it does showcase how respected Apple is as a manufacturer, which can be seen by its many iterations of the handset over the years. Apple has learned to adapt to its customer base, meaning that a flagship model would often be released in different variations, and this model is no exception. There are some other differences between the two handsets.
Xs Max specs in a nutshell
- One of the most noticeable differences in the size of the screen which has been increased to 157.5 x 77.4 x 7.7 mm or 6.5-inch which in turn delivers a 2668 x 1242 resolution enclosed in a Gorilla Glass 6
- Another area of improvement is the battery, which can now offer up to 16 hours of talk time due to a 3174 mAh battery.
- Quick charge & wireless charge compatible with A12 bionic chip & 4GB RAM
- Price starts from $849
Full specs sheet found here
XS Specs in a nutshell
- The dimensions of the handset are 143.6 x 70.9 x 7.7 mm and contain a 5.8-inch Retina OLED capacitive touchscreen with a 2346 x 1125 resolution with Gorilla Glass 6
- 12MP dual camera on the rear along with a 7MP front-facing camera. A 2658 mAh battery delivers an impressive 14 hours of talk time. A 50% charge can be acquired when using fast charging, making it an ideal handset for those constantly on the move.
- An impressive 4GB ram and is available in 64GB, 256GB, and 512GB variants. IOS 12 out of the box which can be updated to iOS 13.4 and above.
- Apple A12 Bionic Chip and Apple GPU
- Prices start from $749
Full specs sheet found here
Despite some of the differences, both handsets are worthwhile considerations for those searching for a smartphone that is affordable while still being able to offer the premium experience that Apple offers.
iPhone XS and iPhone XS Max Price in Australia
Apple launched these two together in September 2018. Both these models were being sold alongside the more affordable iPhone XR and are available in 64 Gb, 256 Gb, and 512Gb. Price in Australia in 2020 is around $ 850, $990 & $1050 for 64gb, 256gb, & 512 Gb storage capacities respectively. Similarly, the price of iPhone XS Max in Australia in 2020 is $900 for 64gb, $1100 for 256gb and $1200 for 512gb.
Where to buy the case and the phone from?
As with all the new models, they came with a new round of accessories including screen protectors. Be sure to check out our complete range of accessories. If you want to buy one of these devices in Australia you can check out our huge range at competitive prices. Retailers like Officeworks, JB hifi, Harvey Norman & Kogan also sell these models, but at a higher price as they only stock brand new devices. You can buy one depending on which screen size you prefer and your budget will help you select the storage space. We offer great deals on new and refurbished phones including iPhone XS and iPhone XS Max. Mobile networks like Telstra, Optus & Vodafone also offer limited month to month plans as these devices have been discontinued and succeeded by the 11 series launched in Sept 2019